You guys are awesome. Denis is great and it is so refreshing to trust you guys to take care of our home. I work for a "competitor" which shall be nameless because Townline is much more professional to deal with.
Creating custom homes is where Townline began. Thirty one years later, our founder Rick Ilich still meets with every homeowner to personally discuss your vision and provide his own architectural, design and construction related insights. It’s all about you, the homeowner. We want to build a relationship with you so that we can understand how to create your dream home.
Our custom home team draws from and capitalizes on Townline’s full range of architects and interior designers, landscapers and tradespeople to create a home that’s masterfully designed and built. We understand that a home is more than four walls and a roof – it’s where families grow and memories are formed.
Our process is consultative and fully transparent, and we specialize in new home construction, construction management and high-end renovations. From the first phone call to the moment we hand over your front door key, our custom home team is with you every step of the way. Contact us today to start planning the home you’re dreaming of.
This is one of the most important meetings and where we begin to develop our relationship with you. We also begin to build the relationship between the consultants, you and Townline.
• We start by establishing your needs: How big is your family? Where is your home going to be located? What are your future plans? Are you doing a renovation or starting from scratch?
• We explore both your wish list and your must-have list.
• We also want to be straight-forward from the beginning, so we explain the Townline Custom Homes' Project Management Process and Fee Structure.
This is the beginning of the design stage through which we, with design and architectural consultants, establish a design direction and achieve a pricing estimation based on that initial design direction.
• At this stage, we want to see your design inspiration. Maybe you’ve seen a specific home in a magazine or in a neighbourhood nearby, bring your photos and clippings.
• We like to involve the interior design and architectural consultants early on, in order to achieve design integration that will make the construction process faster and easier for you, that way we can make sure that you get everything you want, inside and out.
• With the concept in mind, we can give you a general pricing estimation.
This is the part where the architect, interior designer and other consultants involved work out a detailed design scope and plan.
• We establish the exterior and interior specifications.
• At the end of this process, the contract and allowance stage begins.
The Contract and Allowance stage allows us to re-confirm the numbers based on the detailed design plan that we’ve worked out with you and the consultants. This allows us to reflect the most accurate estimation for the budget and allowance, as we work out the details of our contract.
• Interior design development continues throughout this stage.
• Once the contract and allowance is established we are able to proceed with permits and drawings.
• Full ID drawings are then completed so that a comprehensive budget can be prepared and provided to you within 30 days.
This is the fun part, where you get to see your plans go from paper to reality. Once the building permit has been received, it typically takes approximately 10 - 12 months to complete a new house, but of course, this can differ depending on the home. And throughout this phase, you will be involved, through a Framing and Electrical tour and Townline's Quality Assurance program. We conduct periodic site meetings with you to ensure that everything is as you expect.
Framing and Electrical tour
Townline’s down to earth approach ensures that open communication and involvement are key. Townline’s Custom Homes project manager will accompany you and answer any questions you have during the framing and electrical tours. You will have the opportunity to review the framing, room layout, electrical plan, structural wiring and plumbing layout and make any needed adjustments to ensure your home is as you envisioned.
As we have said; “it’s about you”. Before you move-in, you will have a quality assurance walk through with your Custom Homes' Quality Assurance Manager. We will demonstrate the new systems in your home and discuss the warranty and maintenance program.
This is a collaborative process from beginning to end, and beyond with our Customer Care Team, who takes care of you once the home is complete.